April 25, 2013

2012. The biggest year of my life.

Yeah, so Katie Holmes did it. My brother did it. My cousin did it. And I did it.

What did I do?

I divorced my husband.

I packed my car, drove two-thousand miles away and never looked in the rear view mirror.

Now, as the year closes in around me. My divorce is final, my old house is in foreclosure, I have mountains of debt, my car was broken into and I drive around with a trashbag taped on my window. My ex-best friend betrayed me with my ex-husband. I made the mistake of making a new friend who used me for what little money I had left. I lost a younger brother.
When it rains, it pours.

I have never been more ready for an apocalypse or at least a new year.

Will life get better? Will things turn around for someone who is past their prime, old, washed-up,..?
Who knows.

What I do know is that in the mess of all the moves, break-ups, and train wrecks of the past year, I found some friends. Thankfully our roads led to the same place and we've got each other if we don't have anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment