This little blog sat with dust gathering on a far away shelf for a long time.
Just last night, a good friend suggested I blog again. So, here I am.
I used to always sum up my year (for my 80 year old self many years down the road), and I figure that's a good way to pick up again. Where have I gone and where am I going?
2014 started off in Caldwell, Idaho where I met some fine folks who introduced me to the famous Caldwell Night Rodeo. A quiet New Year's with my old roommate and a whiskey drink. A few months later I drove back to South Carolina to do a little family visiting and travel to a few southern rodeos. During that time I interviewed western actor, Barry Corbin, actor Luke Perry, and country music star Hank Williams Jr. along with a handful of other rodeo stars and influential people including the Governor of Idaho, Mr. Butch Otter. I snagged a cool job with the Idaho Cowboys Association to help with the bills.
Safely back in Idaho, I hit the road again the entire spring and summer for rodeo. I worked the Snake River Stampede, I worked the Caldwell Night Rodeo after ending 2013 working the Wrangler National Finals Rodeo. Wow. I made it (in my mind) to the top of my bucket list.
By August, I was ready to find my own place--so I loaded up for Cody one last time and dragged what was left of my belongings back to Idaho. 12 hours later I was in my own little cottage, in my own bed. I found a "real" job, you know one that pays. I was burnt out on rodeo, I needed a breather. So that fall I retired, and it felt good.
I'm on the brink of another New Year...2015 is in front of me. I'm gathering a few little things to line up for new goals. Nothing special, but they are to me.
The latter part of 2014 was happy...content.
And there's that.
No comments:
Post a Comment