March 31, 2005

Promise Land

I always say my Our Father and Hail Mary before bed, then I think about the hot Mexican guy from El Agave (I know, I know). Tuesday night had to be the most bizarre dream in Lapo history--hold on to your butts!

Picture this--I'm in some sort of group / class / school or something b/c there are other people around and I know them, so they must be friends of mine. Well, I keep noticing the hot Mexican guy (we'll refer to him from here on out as Rico) anyway, Rico keeps appearing at different times, and I confess to these other people that I have such a crush on him...I try to get him to notice me etc...its like an innocent middle school thing--then one day we meet up and he says straight to my face, "You know, I've had a crush on you for a while now"...somehow he gets that out in English, but remember he really doesn't speak it at all--I guess that was good translation in the dream state....okay, so I don't say ANYTHING, I just take him by the hand and lead him out into some sort of carpeted hallway and he's like, well, you know I mean not in English, but "where are we going? what?" I guess he thought I was going to bash his brains in or something, but I push him up against a wall and put my finger against his lips....like a sexy seductress, saying--"Shhh...you bad boy!" HAARAHAHHHHAAAA i am peeing like a grandma in her poise right now , hot damn!
Anyway, okay back to the dream: So then I start kissing him, I mean like raping his poor tan beautiful mouth...then the scene changes and I'm walking down a sidewalk at night carrying some sort of a metal plate, held close to my chest and its like there are tons of people around--must have been a night carnival or something near by, but I know I'm in a small town...I see Rico again and I'm starting out all over again -- trying to get him to notice me...I cross the crosswalk and I see him and I'm "WILLING" him with my brain to look at me. *Scene change again: Suddenly I'm in a movie store and I'm looking at this rack that says, "Dated Pieces Period Pieces" I pick up a movie that has Sarah Jessica Parker on the front of the VHS in an old fashioned 1900's dress with lace around the collar, the title is 1888 Lady or something...anyway, I notice that something brushed my hand when I picked it up and I jumped back b/c of course I thought it was a spider, and I look down and it's a piece of lace and it fell to the floor, I'm like Whoa...weird, how did that get there? Then suddenly I'm IN the movie for goodness sakes....I'm riding in this car with SJP and ROSIE O'DONNELL--she's driving....and suddenly SJP asks Rosie to drop her off at this old Victorian home...Rosie turns around and she looks like a zombie or something--her skin is green and she's supposed to be scary but its more along the lines of creepshow--it wasn't even gruesome so then she opens the back door (while she's still sitting in the front) and you can tell that she's underwent some sort of transformation (physically) and her legs are extremely long and its so weird b/c then I get scared...ok, so SJP and I get out of the car and walk up a front gate to a really nice old Victorian home. There is a nice English garden out front---SJP still has on that dress too....okay then scene change again...I'm in a small cemetery and I know that something has happened to Rico, I look down at the ground and it looks disturbed almost like potting soil that's been aerated....I see some sort of flesh colored wormy thing---upon closer inspection, My God--it's a hand---completely deformed and almost like a gummy worm. I know it's not Rico and keep looking, then I see a live hand sticking out of the dirt and its reaching for me, some how I know its Rico and I start to dig in the soft, loose soil around the hand, I see Rico's face, as if he's buried right beneath the surface, he's still alive but I know (somehow) that he's about to die--he looks so beautiful--I just hold his face, I'm on my knees in the dirt bending over him and leaning down and kissing him with both my hands on either side of his face...I have on cut off blue jean shorts that have been rolled up--this may or may not be important AHHHHH!...okay so anyway, then Rico begins to die, I'm crying and I'm so upset, it's like I'm trying to hold on to him--if I hold on then, maybe he won't slip away, and then he slips out of my hands and disappears somewhere beneath the shallow dirt...I wake up--amused, hot, sweaty, excited, and sad. To each his own...nothing like some weird-freak-o Lapo fantasy dream...I wish I could get it right, just once!

They never came to tear that old place down.
They roped it off, but you can walk around,
See the rust on the painted doors,
Watch the rain fall through the burned out floors.
This was a town took care of its own.

This was a town doing fine all alone.
The mill got out a quarter to five.
You could eat supper with any family you liked.

Thanks Rachel and Tift Merritt!

2 comments:

  1. The finale sounded like something from Tremors. The rest of the dream..well, there's a lot of movies it could be, but Rosie O'Donnell with green skin?? HAHA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's official...I'm a freak!

    ReplyDelete