November 7, 2005

Loud Cackles

I'm home from another fun filled weekend in Atlanta (Decatur, rather) with Rach & her new roommate, Rob. I need deep breaths to recover from what seems to be the longest Monday ever in the history of my work career...which isn't saying much and probably means that I have many more that are coming my way.

I'm posting a few shots from this weekend...some from my visit to Stone Mountain. Jeff, Rachel, and myself trekked up the side of the mountain Saturday afternoon. Jeff & Rachel lost themselves in the clean air and the clouds and I lost my breath and possibly a few pounds.
I did get a few good photos from the experience....

Robin and I battled it out playing Scene It, and after an agonizing defeat I gave up my defending title to Rob--by far the best player I've seen! We had to help Rachel out a few times...but I think she may give Jeff a run for his money with her new film trivia training session.

Rachel's cats, Curtis & Stella

There's a lot of things that I can say about my best friend and sister, Rachel...she's absolutely beautiful...she's sincere, honest, and loyal...she encourages me look at life differently, the way I should when I'm hurrying and too busy to stop sometimes...she's an incredible listener and she reminds me that I'm fine the way I am...she helps me realize that I don't have to worry...her laugh brightens everything...she's my best friend and I love her very much.

Speaking of Rachel's many talents...if ever you need the best recipe for scallops, chicken, salmon, or anything else that can be considered a culinary art form---ask Miss Barnes, THE best chef"ette" this side of the Mississippi!

After an eventful weekend, I made it home to the turning leaves of the backcountry. I caught just a few on our raccoon feeder outing.


Trips to the big city always remind me to appreciate the backcountry's fresh air and farm view.

1 comment:

  1. wow, that rachel girl sounds AWESOME! haha. thanks for the aggrandizing description :) very nice of you. and from now on, i need to you do all my recommendations! haha

    and a good picture from the swarms! woo!hoo!

    and my lovely kittens-aw-they are so sweet (to the unassuming eye)

    see you in a few! lUv

    ReplyDelete