The title seems fitting considering what happened to us today. Yes, today folks, we were the victims of grand theft auto. Ruthie, our oldest child was abducted around 3:30 p.m. this afternoon. We rode in to camp after a day of shopping and routine camper maintenance stops at Camping World to find our 1966 Chevrolet Chevelle missing from our driveway.
I think the initial reaction was complete shock---I kept running around the camper and the barn thinking and yelling out to the bossman, "It might be parked back here!" This just confirmed my delirious state of mind after finding out someone had taken our car. Maybe it was our fault, maybe we shouldn't have left the keys in it---but who would've thought it would be stolen from our own yard at my family's farm?
Later, after talking to several onlookers who were completely inebriated, we found out who took Ruthie and tried to contact them. I won't go into detail about the bossman's state of anger and frustration---just know that we could've boiled eggs on his head. I got into my Camaro (see below) and drove her straight to our car shed...I knew Ruthie would be safe there once we had her back in our possession. I didn't want to see the confrontation between the bossman and the culprit...it was hairy, I can assure you that.
We parked our cars safely at the car shed, and locked them up this evening hoping that we won't ever have to go through this again...little did the culprit know he was messing with the bossman, who was once known in these parts as the Godfather.
WHAT THE F*^&!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeletecould there possibly be a bigger idiot! I hope Heifer boiled an egg on them!
(oh hey. heres your comment :)
love you! email me this story! I'm appalled!